HIV and AIDS: We Are All Part of the Solution
We can all be leaders. We can take more responsibility to do more as individuals, as communities, and as a nation to fight HIV and AIDS.
- We should know whether or not we are infected with HIV;
- If we are infected, we should seek medical care and protect others from becoming infected;
- We should protect ourselves and others from HIV;
- We should educate ourselves and others about HIV.
- We should mobilize to overcome the challenges and barriers to HIV prevention;
- We should fight ignorance and complacency related to HIV;
- We should increase the awareness about the severity of epidemic and the continued impact that HIV is having on our communities;
- We should make sure that HIV prevention services, HIV testing, medical care and treatment are available to all who need them;
- We should work to prevent stigma and discrimination—and to increase support for people living with HIV.
As a nation:
- We must recognize the epidemic here, in this country, for the crisis that it still is;
- We must implement the programs that scientific evidence tells us are most effective;
- We must ensure that those who need effective prevention interventions have access to them;
- We must come together to intensify efforts and the stop this epidemic.
Together, we have the power to change the course of the HIV epidemic in Indonesia.
For further information, invite: http://www.cdc.gov or Komunitas AIDS Indonesia