Everyone can play a role in confronting the HIV/AIDS epidemic. Here are just a few suggestions for how you can make a difference:
- Volunteer with your local AIDS service organization.
- Talk with the young people you know about HIV/AIDS.
- Sponsor an AIDS education event or fund raiser with your local school, community group, or religious organization.
- Speak out against AIDS-related discrimination.
- Urge government officials to provide adequate funding for AIDS research, prevention education, medical care, and support services.
- Support continued research to develop better treatments, a safe and effective AIDS vaccine. (amfar.org)